HybridZ

WTB - 2+2/Turbo/Aftermarket/Magical flywheel

Ineptitude01

Okay guys. One more push, and then I'm in the clear. I got everything I need for my manual swap except a flywheel (his car was a 2 seater).

I'd take a lightweight aftermarket, or I'd take a stocker. I really don't care which, just as long as it's not the 2 seater flywheel. If you have a workable clutch assembly, so much the better.

My preference is that we do the whole thing locally. Anywhere in the CA bay area, really.

Obviously, I'd be more willing to pay shipping on a lightweight. :P

Your reward (aside from the money) will be me actually starting a build thread! You know you wanna... :D

I was pretty sure that the 2+2 and the Turbo both use the 240mm surface flywheel, and the 2 seater uses the smaller one? 2+2 turbos should, therefore, have the 240mm also?

Number is just off the top of my head, I definitely haven't looked it up, it's just what I remember reading.

Kinda hard to keep it all straight, huh?

And this isn't even half as fun as driveshaft differences. There are literally a dozen different driveshafts for the 280ZX, based on the transmission, differential, body style, turbo...

So I guess I should make my request super clear:

I would like a 240mm flywheel, please, hold the pickles.

• 2 weeks later...