HybridZ

sometimes i hate computers...

vega

just a LITTLE ITTYBITTY rant...

OK last night my gf who knows almost nothing about computers goes on plays around and then sees an auto update badge in the corner of the computer. so what does she do she clicks it ARG!.... now the computer does is not allowed to access the internet. well i come home last night and see the comp screen is black accept the mouse i roll my eyes and say "hey whats with the comp?" she tells me what happened and im like great. so i restart the computer and for the next 4 hours attempt to find a trace all the little things the virus/malware/etc let in. and then finally i was allowed to go into my firewall and make it so the nt kernal & system could access the network and allow me to go on the Internets.

you see there is no point in have a firewall and all the other goodies if you tell the virus sure i will allow you to access my network.....arg.

oh btw it was a windows network update- right. i have it auto blocked and there should have been no reason for an update seeing that i make my own crap.

sometimes... i just hate computers. so fare warning to the rest of you don't click the update tag in the corner of your comp....

i just don't get these people who have WAY to much time on there hands to make crap just to annoy people. and because i matter to me- in particular .... ME. ;)

Guest Rolling Parts
i just don't get these people who have WAY to much time on there hands to make crap just to annoy people.

The law SHOULD fine such people $75/hr for every hour of grief they cause. If they can't pay then 1 day imprisonment for each hour seems reasonable.

Best defense (for Windows) seems to be to "Ghost" the system partition every so often so restore is fast and unattended. Well, do that or make the switch to Ubuntu so you'll have a system that is off-the-radar from such jerks.

windows auto update was blocked as i said before....

it pops up because i WANT it to pop up. that does not mean i WILL click it. i just did not expect my gf to not understand that.

kind of hard to explain my system. nor do i wish to attempt to explain. if you personally are able to hack my setup you are certainly better than most. Ive built computers since i was about 7 yrs old... ill be 24 at the end of this upcoming Nov.