HybridZ

I need some seats!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys, im new to this forum, and i love this site, but anyways, i need some new seats for my 74 260z, and i want used. so does anybody have any suggestions? i love the 91 CRX seats, but i dunno if they will fit or not. i also like the prelude seats, but i hear that they ride pretty high. so does anyone have any suggestions?

thanx

Guest Anonymous

The main dimension to seats is width. If it clears the door and the tranny tunnel, your golden, if not, look for other seats. That simple. You should be aware of height too though, if you ever intend to race where you need a helmet.

Regards,

Lone

Can somebody post the demensions of the origianl seats?

I don't have orignal seats in mine, so I can't do it.

It would be a great help for those of us on the "great seat hunt."

I think the three most important demensions would be...

1. Width at the widest point across the seat base.

2. Height from floor to seat back top.

3. Height from floor to seat base top.

I think a set of 300ZX (Z32) leather seats would be the poop.

Since I'm doing seats right now I can get the dimentions (sp) for the original 240's and my new seats ala 91 (I think) Acura. The Acura seats do ride high. Being 6'2" my head rubs the celing just a little bit but the seats have great support.

ds

Guest bang847

nissan freek.. i got some civic seats if you want.. where are you located? shipping is definetly the biggest concern.. if you dont want them i guess i gotta keep playing my video games with them... :D

Guest Anonymous

I can tell you the Miata seats fit fine, I have them in my 72 240. The only thing is they are a bit higher in the seat bottom and depending on your driver dimensions thigh room with the stock steering wheel can be close (depends on how many trips to crispy creme ya make I guess smile.gif ), but that depends on what sort of track your using (I used the 240 tracks on the miata seats. If I had it to do again (which I may yet do) I'd cut the stock nissan risers out, use the stock miata rails which positively lock both seat channels which the stock 240 ones don't and bolt them through the floor with some reinforcement in the way of maybe a big fender washer with maybe silicone on it (which on the other hand adds yet another potential corrosion problem i.e. Rust, on the other hand several of my chevy's did it that way). It sure would make it easier than trying to tighten a 2" long stud with a nut on it under a seat riser. A ratcheting box end is the best I've found to do it.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you they do fit. The others I'm not sure, on those. Good luck with it.

Regards,

Lone