HybridZ

do I need to use the resistor pack for my injectors?

ZXT_bean

As many of you know, Ive been trying to trouble shoot my install for quite some time now. I made the decision to rewire the megasquirt again to make sure all the connections where good, and I had everything wired correctly.

I am using the stock turbo 270cc inj, also am using the new ms2 v3.57 ecu. My question is do I need to use the dropping resistors? I cant for the life of me get this car to idle properly, and thus can not further tune the car.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again

As many of you know, Ive been trying to trouble shoot my install for quite some time now. I made the decision to rewire the megasquirt again to make sure all the connections where good, and I had everything wired correctly.

I am using the stock turbo 270cc inj, also am using the new ms2 v3.57 ecu. My question is do I need to use the dropping resistors? I cant for the life of me get this car to idle properly, and thus can not further tune the car.

Could you post a link to your other MS threads? I don't know what you've already done.

Will it not idle or are you having reset issues?

I'm having problems with intermittent resets on my MSI V3.57 board.

I doubt it has any relevance to you except the links to the Dropping Resistors I bought.

You might want to post up your MSQ as well.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=154385

im not having any reset issues.. just cant get it to idle properly with out popping and back firing.. here is a thread that will tell you my entire setup, along with screen shots and everything. msq, its all in there.. I know the new 3.57 ecu can run the low imp. inj, am I better off using the PWM or the resistor pack?

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=152497

You should be able to set up a good idle either way. But if you go with the resistors, you've eliminated one more variable (the PWM settings).

FYI, I ran with the PWM for a while and had no issues getting a good idle due to the PWM setttings. But on my first day at the track towards the end of the longer sessions (more than 15 minutes) I had fuel cutouts while at sustained high revs and WOT. Datalogs didn't show any problems. Long story short, my theory is that the injector drivers were overheating and shutting down for a few seconds. I added the resistor pack and never had this happen again.

I really wanted the PWM setup to work as it's more elegant from an engineering point of view, but I didn't want to waste any more track time either.

It couldn't hurt to add the resistors and see if the idle issues go away ...

I thought the L28ET injectors were 260cc?

What is your req fuel?

Mike and I are running with a 12.0 req fuel.

Do you want me to upload a screen shot of my fuel tables? It's pretty rich up top but doesn't sound as rich as you are talking about.

Have you tried manually adjusting the idle area on the maps while trying to start the car? My car would not idle at all until I sat there and played with it and got the fuel right [my req fuel happened to be off as my Ford injectors were mislabeled]

I usually run resistors on low impedance injectors and not let the onboard PWM flyback circuit do the work. IDK seems more stable, or maybe im too lazy to tune the current limit and threshold...

"It couldn't hurt to add the resistors and see if the idle issues go away ..."