HybridZ

T3/T4 in a shiro special

eskimo ninja

• 4 months later...

It should fit, all 84-87 z's had t3's stock, so i wouldnt see a problem for your motor.

It's a very common swap to swap from the T25 to the T3. The motor won't be working harder. The T25 is massively undersized for the vg30e

Edited by Nissanxrma

I am thinking of putting a T3 in my shiro. First, will it fit without any further modifications of the engine or engine bay? second, would the t3 make the engine work too hard and decrease the longevity? finally, is it an easy swap?

You subject line says t3/t4. Your post says t3. Which one is it?

A stock 85-87 z31 t3 is easy enough. IIRC the compressor outlets are different. The compressor to TB pipe is different.

A stock 85-87 z31 T3 is easy enough,IIRC the compressor outlets are different.

The turbo outlet from the compressor to TB pipe is different.

You may require rubber plumbing from the MAP to the turbo inlet to increase the diameter for the T3, and

the oil fittings should be exactly the same.

The easiest manner to swap it is to remove the exhaust manifold from the engine block.

The exhaust manifold studs are usually the most difficult part of the swap. TIP: Have several replacement studs on hand.

There is not any increased stress on the engine,

the same exhaust drives the spool. Depending on the trim of your new turbo, it may induce less stress

to produce the same HP.

Paul