HybridZ

Rear subframe swap?

Hey guys,

I had a search around and couldn't find much of anything relating to rear subframe swaps. Has anyone done a rear subframe swap or researched it. You can get a full rear subframe from a silvia/skyline/etc for less than most of the CV and R200 diff kits so I guess it comes down to if any of them fit properly/have the proper geometry with the strut towers and how involved it is to do.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what you would have to consider if attempting this? At first I thought the hub to hub distance would be an issue but then realised that doesn't matter too much as you can just get different offset wheels the real issue is the strut/coilover as its not much good putting a subframe in if the coilovers don't even meet up with the wish bones right. The only other consideration I can think of is height of the subframe, obviously the closer to stock height the better as it should keep the car sitting right rather than being lifted at the back or ending up with even less ground clearance.

If any of this has been done I'd love a link to the website/thread as I couldn't find anything on it.

The only thing I have seen was a series on youtube from a european country and a workshop of guys doing up a 240z and they used a R33 rear subframe in theirs though they did cut off all the standard framing and weld on new steel square as well as new mounting points for the subframe.

Thanks.