HybridZ

getting rid of my r200

RedRocket260z

I am tired of breaking cv's, so i am going to stick a solid axle 8.8 in the back of my 260z. I currently have an r200 3.90 posi, with 280z turbo cv axles, and i keep shatterting the cv's. So i am going to get rid of it, and go 4-link. Does anyone know, if there are frame rails or ne thing under the car that i will possibly be able to mount the 4-link foreward bracket to? or do you think i will have to make a crossmember? I am not going to tub it, i am only going to stick a tire on it big enough to fit in the stock fender well, and i want to try to use coil overs bolted into the stock shock tower. I just do not want to cut the car up. i dont mind adding a crossmember or 2.

Provide more info about the rest of the drivetrain. The turbo CV's are holding up under a lot different applications running strong hp and torque loads. There has to be more to your problem. I run Porsche 930 CV joints/adapters and Empi axles in my 240Z. The engine is basically stock (for now) so I couldn't tear up axles if I wanted to. The point is these CV joints are rated at something like 600 lb/ft. It would be difficult to trash them with most setups. The cost to do this was around $1000. The cost of setting up a solid axle with 4-link would be a bit more $$$ I'm confident in saying.

Post some more about your shattered 280Z turbo axels. What HP are you running etc. As LLave said sounds like something else is going on there.

Agreed. There is a member here doing wheel stands and running 9's on a factory R200 and stock Nissan CV's.