HybridZ

R33 halfcut help.

DevilZ69

so i decided to get my self an r33 halfcut(rb25det), got it for $2000(80k pesos) it will be arriving late december or early january. i was suppose to do an rb25 N/A ITB setup but the guy said he wont be able to get an RB25N/A so i decided to go for the turbo one.anyway, i have some questions that hopefully yo guys can answer(tried searching but no luck)

btw i live in the philippines so manual labor and parts are cheap :mrgreen:

first off

1.) Will i be able to use the brakes of the r33(front and rear) for my z? and also the hub?

2.) Will the r33 radiator fit in my z ?

3.)will i be able to use the steering assembly of the r33?

4.)will the shocks of the r33 fit my z?

5.) what are the common problems that i may encounter during the swap?

NOTE:

i live in the philippines so manual labor,parts,fabrication are cheap :mrgreen:

and im a total newbie with cars so if some of my questions are just plain dumb and stupid, please forgive me.:icon44:

THANK YOU GUYS.AND ANY INPUT WILL BE VERY VERY APPRECIATED.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS!

Cheers.

Mark.

The hubs are probably a no go, but the brakes should be searchable in the other section of the forum.

The radiator won't fit. I already had someone measure an R33 GTST radiator and it won't fit on my 280Z by an inch or less.

I doubt any of the suspension with swap over; have you looked under your S30? If you have enough money, anything can fit, I suppose.

Biggest problem is not budgeting enough money for incidental parts needed to do a swap along with parts and labor to fix issues on the swap (although a front cut should be better since it won't get damaged as much, presumably).

Most Skyline chassis stuff is pretty rare in the United States (where most of us are from). You may want to check the Aussie forums since they have both platforms.

Mark

so i decided to get my self an r33 halfcut(rb25det), got it for $2000(80k pesos) it will be arriving late december or early january. i was suppose to do an rb25 N/A ITB setup but the guy said he wont be able to get an RB25N/A so i decided to go for the turbo one.anyway, i have some questions that hopefully yo guys can answer(tried searching but no luck)

btw i live in the philippines so manual labor and parts are cheap :mrgreen:

first off

1.) Will i be able to use the brakes of the r33(front and rear) for my z? and also the hub?

2.) Will the r33 radiator fit in my z ?

3.)will i be able to use the steering assembly of the r33?

4.)will the shocks of the r33 fit my z?

5.) what are the common problems that i may encounter during the swap?

NOTE:

i live in the philippines so manual labor,parts,fabrication are cheap :mrgreen:

and im a total newbie with cars so if some of my questions are just plain dumb and stupid, please forgive me.:icon44:

THANK YOU GUYS.AND ANY INPUT WILL BE VERY VERY APPRECIATED.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS!

Cheers.

Mark.

the front Brakes will go on, by either redrilling the R33 rotors to suit the 4 stud or buying new 4 stud skyline rotors (these are available- i got some which are 310mm diameter- ventilated). use the R33 front brakes with an adapter plate to fit them to the datsun strut. the skyline strut will not work without totally redsigning the front end.

Rear brakes: the R33 rears have an internal drum handbrake inside the rotor. i tried to use this style rear brake but it makes it really hard to adapt. i know u're trying to use as much of the half cut as possible but in the case of suspension stuff, prob not altogther useable.