HybridZ

Wrong clutch/flywheel?

jays280zx

I've worked on this the last two days and hit a wall. :(

Last week i bought an Exedy Clutch Kit (a "OE replacement") and a Fidanza Lightened Flywheel.

I pulled my driveshaft, exhaust and tranny, then took the old slipping clutch, pressure plate and flywheel off. When comparing the clutches and pressure plates, i noticed they weren't the same size.

The Exedy pressure plate was about a half inch thicker than the stock one, and the clutch and friction surface on the flywheel were bigger.

Did they sent me the wrong one?

This is the info where i bought it

Fits the following cars:

Nissan 240 Z 70-73 2.4L

Nissan 260 Z 70-74 2.6L

Nissan 280Z/ZX 75-83 2.8L Inc. T

Exedy Part# 06030

+

Fidanza Part# 143281 NIS1

and here is the link :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY-Clutch-FIDANZA-Flywheel-240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX_W0QQitemZ310094704749QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item483315b06d#ht_2749wt_1167

thanks guys

Yes it will. On my car I'm using the Fidanza Aluminum 240mm flywheel and a 240mm ACT Street Performance clutch. This was all bolted up to my L28ET and then mated to an early 5-speed Z transmission. It works fine. The car originally had the 225mm clutch/factory flywheel.

Yes it will. On my car I'm using the Fidanza Aluminum 240mm flywheel and a 240mm ACT Street Performance clutch. This was all bolted up to my L28ET and then mated to an early 5-speed Z transmission. It works fine. The car originally had the 225mm clutch/factory flywheel.

You use the collar and fork that came with the early tranny?