HybridZ

how about this engine

Guest fly yellow

You're right - that's a tremendously cool engine!

As far as that particular specimen goes, there's no way in hell I'd ever touch it. Just reading the seller's description had my BS meter pinging like mad. If it was removed from a salvage car, why did they have to disassemble it, especially if they're going to charge an additional $3,000 to put it back together again! Sounds like they want to sell someone a basket full of parts that may or may not be from the same car.

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger! :eek:

I can believe 3G's for reassembly. A few years ago a friend of mine picked up a Porsche 930 basket case from a doctor, cheap. Seems the doctor brought it into the local Porsche dealer cause the valve seals were getting a little worn, you know, a puff of smoke at start-up and a little smoke when getting on it. He took it in for an estimate. Well, later he got the estimate, $30,000 to fix it. The doctor decided he could live with a little smoke and said forget it. Well the dealer said it would cost $10,000 just to put the engine back together in the condition that it came into the shop. Hense, my friend bought it from the doctor with the engine in pieces. He fixed it himself with help from the local guru's. What an awsome car.

That is soooo weak - charging $3K to re-assemble it. Who wants a bucket of parts shipped? - that increases the likelyhood of shipping damage, and not many people are "qualified" to put it back together. I could be wrong but you could just add the "assembly fee" to the reserve and sell a complete motor and more people would be interested. Good god that would be a sweet motor to run, but good luck adapting it to a Velo Rossa!

I guess in those circles 3k$ is pocket change. And dissassembly of a motor with 7000 miles, for inspection, is considered routine maintenance.

These reasons are also the reasons many of us are looking towards domestic products for power. U all know how much you would like to wipe wiper butt with your remotored Z.

Thure