HybridZ

Mystery relay

I wonder if anyone could tell me what this relay is for.

It is located on the driver's side kick panel.

It is 3/4" X 1 1/2" in size.

It has 3 terminals with the middle one having two wires attached.

There is one wire that goes to the courtesy light on the driver's side which is not working

Any Ideas????

Thanks

Larry

Jhm,, Thanks for the link. It will be real helpful. I have already downloaded the 72 FSM. Can't seem to find a 71 FSM but it is close enough.

The relay turned out to be the Horn relay but I don't understand why the left courtesy light is getting its signal from there. I determined that it's failure is simply a short in the light socket. East fix

Thanks,

Larry

Larry-

Happy to help.

Kind of weird about your horn relay. When I was reading your description of the relay, I was thinking to myself "That sounds like a horn relay"; but the location was throwing me off. I believe that the factory mounted all horn relays (actually ALL driver's compartment relays) on the passenger side of the S30's. There's a relay mounting panel that like the ones in the 2 attachments. Maybe a PO moved yours, or maybe some of the early 240's had their horn relays on the driver's side?

In either case, there shouldn't be any stray wires, like the one going to your courtesy light. That DEFINITELY sounds like a PO "modification".

Glad you were able to sort it out. Happy motoring!

John

18874_thumb.attach

RELAYS_thumb.jpg