HybridZ

Single vaccuum source

zercs280zx

I am finishing up my NA L28 build into a 240Z: mefasquirt I 3.0 with a lonewolf intake, matched to a ported/polished and shaved head (~9.3 CR), 3 angle valve job and a mild schneider stage II cam. I tapped the back of the intake for a vaccuum reference but now I'm wondering if it will be able to accomidate everything: MAP sensor, FPR (Aeromotive), 280zx dizzy, and brake booster/accessories. I have stock 240Z brakes and booster, I just replaced the brake master cylinder. Can I t-off this single source or do I need to use an additional one? I have a port on my MSA 60mm thottle body, but I was planning on using that for the pcv.

I would recommend either feeding it to separate vacuum block with individual ports, or at least tap the manifold for several fittings and "T" off from there. If you do a separate block, feed it with a large line so there is little to no variance in vacuum when the brakes or other items are used. I tend to like the individual lines to each acc. directly from the manifold, but in a complicated turbo set, you'll end up with more holes in the intake than most people want to drill and tap.

I would recommend either feeding it to separate vacuum block with individual ports, or at least tap the manifold for several fittings and "T" off from there. If you do a separate block, feed it with a large line so there is little to no variance in vacuum when the brakes or other items are used. I tend to like the individual lines to each acc. directly from the manifold, but in a complicated turbo set, you'll end up with more holes in the intake than most people want to drill and tap.

Thanks for the reply, Spork... your intake looks amazing (can't wait to hear it inhaling air)... but, I'm not sure if I can tap it again... I took the intake off so many times, I had to retap on of the threads on the head, so I'd rather leave it be... now, I'm thinking that I'll get a catch can for the PCV, and if that's the case, I'll have two vaccuum ports. The TB port is pretty big in diameter and would match up well with the booster. Could I t-off the others from the back of the intake (MAP, FPR and Dizzy)? I'm not sure of the wisest way to split the two sources, so any feedback would be appreciated.

EDIT: I guess the catch can still needs a vaccuum source - can that one port be shared: brake booster and PCV to TB? I figure that the brake booster could be dedicated and the PCV is just 'sucking in' blow by gasses. Would that be a fair assumption?

I searched the site and found out that you can T-offf the TB port for the brake booster (with check valve) and PCV line (with PCV valve). If anyone has used or is running this setup please let me know. The post I found went back to 2004.

original thread:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=93726&highlight=pcv+brake+booster+check+valve

I had the booster off a dedicated line from the manifold (the stock one). MS was off a vacuum port on the manifold, FPR had it's own thing, and then I had a 3/8" or so vacuum line to a vacuum block that sucked for the BOV, wastegate, and anything else turbo related.