HybridZ

Window Tint, Lock code

Delasangre4231

The triangle windows on my 88 300ZX have a minor tint to them, but not the hatch.

Taking registration with your name on it and photo ID to a friendly dealer should net you a master code. You can then use that code at a good locksmith shop, but having the dealer cut a new master might earn you a brownie point or two. A really good locksmith shop will be able to cut to the master code and stamp the key with said code if you bring in an original Nissan blank. Duplicates the actual master keys that came with the car and is neat.

-Eric

is there a little paper tag in the glove box with a weird xxxxx number on it? that is your key code. If not pull the cylinder out of the hatch. that should have the original number stamped on it. A competent locksmith ie not home depot or the local hardware store should be able to cut keys to the original code. The parts guy at my local nissan dealer can look at it and give you the code. He may just be very good and the only one in the usa who can but that is worth a try. Performance Nissan Everett WA. If all else fails you might try calling them and sending it up there. i thought he was putting me on but after two z's I believe him.