HybridZ

Megasquirt COP help

6sec 6cyl

I'm currently working on getting my 83 280zxt running on megasquirt II v 3.57 with firmware 2.1.1. But i don't want to use the stock dizzy because this is my drag car, and i have a buttload of z32 coils and an ignitor with associated wiring harnesses. Is there anyway i could use these to bring fire to my z? If so what would be the most recommended way to approach this would i need a trigger wheel or something else?

Thanks James

ugg still searching and cant find anything where it doesn't say "wire up edis".... i want to use launch control!

You know "EDIS" stands for electronic digital ignition system right? as in you need a computer or piggy back system to control the coil packs.

ok hoov thought about what you said last night and i want to rephrase my question... i have megasquirt II v3.57 firmware 2.1.1, i'm wanting to finish the install on a L28et but i'm wanting to use z32 coilpacks with the ignitor as sense i have alot of spare parts for them. is there any way that i can set this up without it disabling spark retard in launch control (i know ford EDIS will cause you to not be able to retard the timing) this is for my drag car. sorry if i misunderstood what you was getting at last night hoov i just want an answer to this.