HybridZ

I somehow just got talked into going hunting

josh817

Nobody mentioned the obvious solution to the problem:

Go out and buy another gun, just for this special occasion!

I did, an old Milsurp banger, it doesn't have to be a eye-of-a-gnat-@-500-Yrds rifle, just a minute-of-dinner at 50

lots of cheap of stuff around.

Well, that was an interesting trip. I got to try out everything at least once, except for shooting a deer since I don't have license of course. Bought 300 rounds of .22 and had some fun with that. Kyle let me shoot his 9mm handgun along with his CZ .270, wouldn't let me shoot his daddy's 44 mag and I don't blame him. Last thing I needed to do was ruin his fathers old gun.

Apparently I was bad luck because every time we went out something like the feeder would break and then we would have nothing shootable come in, not even piggies. One dude was going nutso on beer and candy so he shot himself a little piglet. The damn thing still had milk on its lips. He then proceeded to shoot a jack rabbit which pretty much splattered. These hillbillies had a trailer they were too lazy to haul away so we filled it with gas and burned it... Finally this morning we went out, again the feeder broke, Kyle was getting edgy because he really wanted a buck before the end of the season. There were some 4 pointers but apparently nothing "good" even though they all looked good to me. I was blood hungry, I wanted to see something explode with gore. Kyle finally settled for a fat doe. The damn thing wouldn't stop walking around even though we were shouting at it and when it did stop, it lifted its head so Kyle didn't get the head explosion shot he usually takes but rather it hit the middle of the neck and proceeded to explode out the top.

We went down to go get it, first time for me, I'm trying to stay clean but he PURPOSELY makes me grab the front legs. I didn't realize the damage until we lifted her up and she dribbled some love onto me. Kyle then made me gut the deer. I saw his family do one the night before and they had some latex gloves. Apparently Kyle is a messy child and he doesn't use gloves, thus he won't carry them. I begged for us to go back to camp and do it there and he refused so to my despair I had to do the job with bare hands. It actually wasn't bad at all. Nice and warm so I was like oh hey now my hands aren't so cold. We cut it open, then we cut up top through the esophagus and use that as some sort of demented "handle" to pull on and slice the membrane connecting the guts to the ribs as you go down. While pulling, I think I designated the lungs as the handle... and they tore off... I felt bad but then I remembered her neck just exploded so meh oh well. An interesting thing to see is the guts steaming on the ground. Quite weird.

Have some pictures, none are of me because it was just Kyle and I and both our hands were bloody. I'm sure he wouldn't mind using the camera and getting it all nasty, however I do mind.. Close your eyes if you don't like blood:

Notice the messy boy with no gloves, of course its Kyle.

2pziu5w.jpg

2lj5g8p.jpg

29gh1xc.jpg

Lol its like Texas chainsaw massacre. I laughed when I saw the piggy strung up because I had no idea what it was until I saw the skin and head on the ground. I also laughed really hard when I saw the buck head strung up like its some sort of war zone and you're showing off your kills.