HybridZ

ABS TUBING USED TO HOLD GAUGES aka Godzuki

ozzinc

I just thought that I would post this photo of my gauges that had been mounted inside of some abs tubing, I could not find a pod setup that would mount into my 72 240z so I got and ideal to use abs tubing and it worked out pretty well, so if you need some ideals for mounting those gauges abs tubing works great.

240z turbo engine bay 016_thumb.jpg

The ABS plastic tubing from home depot, lowes, etc.. works really well for holding gauges in a car.

Alot of the Rx-7 guys use it and make triple gauge pods with them with some bondo that sit ontop of the dash in place of the idiot light cluster.

You can also cut the ABS tubing with a slight angle to it to face the gauge towards whichever direction you need it to face.

I've seen some make the actual holding peice and then cut a cheese wedge off the leftover tube and glue it onto the holder to angle the gauge. It's sort of hard to describe and would take me a few hours to dig through my Gig's of pictures to find a good example, hope you can at least see what I mean by cheese wedge for the angle.

( FC3S 1986-1991/1992 Rx-7's had the idiot gauge cluster on top of the dash in the center like the Z's factory triple gauge on the dash FYI ).

It doesn't look all that bad, it's hard to cleanly mount extra gauges in the Z. Nissan already used the top of the dash for a triple gauge setup...so your left with the A pillar or somewhere in the HVAC or stereo area.

There are far worse setups over in the ghetto built Rx-7 world...but that's off the subject and can go on for days of discussion haha.

Why not mount that giant external tachometer in place of the original tach and mount the shift light where the external tach is mounted to clean it up a little?

that sounds like good ideal for the tach, at the time i had wanted to keep the original tach in place, but if it will fit where the original tach goes, then i will just drop in, then there will be no need for me to have two tachometers

The ABS plastic tubing from home depot, lowes, etc.. works really well for holding gauges in a car.

Alot of the Rx-7 guys use it and make triple gauge pods with them with some bondo that sit ontop of the dash in place of the idiot light cluster.

You can also cut the ABS tubing with a slight angle to it to face the gauge towards whichever direction you need it to face.

I've seen some make the actual holding peice and then cut a cheese wedge off the leftover tube and glue it onto the holder to angle the gauge. It's sort of hard to describe and would take me a few hours to dig through my Gig's of pictures to find a good example, hope you can at least see what I mean by cheese wedge for the angle.

( FC3S 1986-1991/1992 Rx-7's had the idiot gauge cluster on top of the dash in the center like the Z's factory triple gauge on the dash FYI ).

It doesn't look all that bad, it's hard to cleanly mount extra gauges in the Z. Nissan already used the top of the dash for a triple gauge setup...so your left with the A pillar or somewhere in the HVAC or stereo area.

There are far worse setups over in the ghetto built Rx-7 world...but that's off the subject and can go on for days of discussion haha.

Why not mount that giant external tachometer in place of the original tach and mount the shift light where the external tach is mounted to clean it up a little?