HybridZ

Swapping out from l28 to l28et

jhill

Quick question... is the timing chain/tensioner from my 78 l28 going to work in the l28et? The turbo engine seems to be pretty solid minus a horrid timing chain noise and since i never had a lick of trouble in that area with the old motor i figured if they match up ill just change em out. I'm taking christmas eve off to make a nice 4 day weekend and hopefully at least get the new engine/trans from the donar Z into my Z. I figured i'd change out stuff when both engines are out make life a little easier and try to stay on schedule :mrgreen:

yeah, exactly, if you're going to change it, you want to go with new, besides you have no ideal how old the old chain is, or how much it could have stretched. They all make a little noise. but you can get a performance tensioner w/ a roller sprocket if you've got the $$$. It's not a small job so be sure you know what you're doing before you start the project. oh and make sure you have a bottle of whiteout. you'll need it.

Phar