HybridZ

240sx strut bar in a z car?

do you think this would work? like do you think the 3 bolt pattern would be the same? and the bar would be the correct length across? if anything, at least a little longer, so some can get cut off and rewelded if needed.

the reason why i would want to do that instead of just going and buying a cusco bar specifiacally made for the Z... thats like 125 bucks, i could just get a cheap 280sx no name one on ebay for less than half that, and prolly get the rear one included too!

any advice, criticism, insulting, whatever would be appreciated! thanks!:)

TWO of them would fit YES.. and the length is fine as well. even ebay cheap ones would work BUT!!

you have to do some cutting to remove one of holes area. itl be bolted down two bolts on each side. still better than having none. instead of a complete circle it would look more like C shaped

TWO of them would fit YES.. and the length is fine as well. even ebay cheap ones would work BUT!!

you have to do some cutting to remove one of holes area. itl be bolted down two bolts on each side. still better than having none. instead of a complete circle it would look more like C shaped

but the length of the actual bar itself is correct? because if all i have to do is cut off one of the holes on the bases and make it "c shaped" then thats easy.

Yeah...try a $50 z31 bar from zilvia.net or courtesy.com and see if they work out.

Just kidding...I thought you meant 240sx. A 280zx might be very close.

i did mean 240sx. and i looked up 280zx strut bars, because i also thought theyd be something real close too, but they seemed to be just as expensive as a 280z strut bar, or even more. eliminating my whole saving a few bucks theory.