HybridZ

Wideband Reports Lean and Car Runs Badly With no Changes

CamH

Alright, you guys are not going to believe this. I just double checked my fuses, and the fuse for the MegaSquirt itself looked a little funky (but was still working). I went ahead and replaced it and loaded up a tune from Christmas eve, and, uhhh, it is back to running normally. Has anyone else had that problem before? It just seems so improbable that a fuse would not blow out completely. Anyways, I'll report back if I have any more issues.

Well, gents, I think this was a combination of a few issues, and I think it is mostly sorted out now.

1. I am fairly certain that the alternator is weak. If I leave my electric fan off, with no headlights on, I am sitting at about 13V at idle. After turning on my electric fan and headlights, I am idling at about 12.5V. Not really very good. I will probably take this unit out and get it replaced tomorrow. Good eye on you guys for noticing this first.

2. The solder joint for the MegaSquirt power was not in very good condition. I fixed this and it helped out a little.

3. Also, I think my injector settings were a little bit off. I changed my injector open time to 1.3 and my PWM time threshold to 1.5 and it seemed to like these settings quite a bit more.

The combination of these things and the car is running much more smoothly. Hopefully a new alternator will clear up the rest of the issues I am having.

Thanks guys for all your help! I'll report back if I have anything else to add, and I'll let you guys know what happens after I swap alternators.

you should be 13.5 and up at batterey terminals idling check wiring first, make sure its being regulated more importantly before replacing alternator. Also check maybe the alternator belt isnt slipping. I had some issues with the alternator and especially with ms cause I had a 240z and didnt splice the wires correctly with alternator. WIERD ISSUES