HybridZ

Low vacuum with new pvc

So heres the story. I have had white smoke coming from my exhaust. I drained my coolant and my oil and neither were mixed. I did a compression test and my numbers were perfect. I then thought my turbo which probably needed to be replaced because of excessive shaft play was bad. So I bought another and put it in. still getting white smoke.

I came to the conclusion that I either have worn rings(comp test doesn't point me in that direction) or my pvc valve is bad. So I took it out to find that it was stuck open. After replacing my pvc valve and starting the car I find that my vacuum went to 16 at idle when previous to replacement it was at 20(Used vacuum gauge not boost gauge for accurate reading).

Also, I blocked the pvc valve with my finger while the car was idling and it instantly idled better and the VAC gauge reading went from 16 back to 20 when I did this. I cant figure out why this is happening.

hopefully you bought a pcv valve and not one made out of pvc. Just because a part is new doesn't mean it is good. Is it installed correctly? the fact that you can block it off and the car runs better means it is leaking and the manifold is not under proper pressure due to this air leak.