HybridZ

1982 R30 2.8 skyline

datsun L fan

Nigel. is it possible for you to please e-mail me the wiring diagram? my e-mail: woodpeckerprojects@vodamail.co.za. The drawings are a bit small. thanks. Johan

sorry about that, I must have resized them to small, I'll re-upload them here, for others who may need the information, I'll do it tonight after work

as for the indicator, no idea, I used the EFI out of the R30, for my 240K

Nigel

There is no flasher or indicator can - it's all controlled by the 'time control unit'. This box does the intermittent speed, clock, indicators, warning chime, and anything else you can think of that has any kind of 'time' element...

My suggestion to you: convert the indicators over to use a conventional 2-pin flasher-can setup.

I've got a FSM for the R30 if Nigel runs out of resources.

:)

thanks Ben. Nigel why did you choose the r30 efi? i am gonna replace the original efi with a spitronics crank trigger efi system. Gives me more possibilities as far as fueling and timing is concerned. the main reason for this is actually the fact that the magnetic pickup in the distributor is cracked and as with a lot of other things here in sunny SA, it is close to impossible to find a replacement for it, and if you do you should be willing to pay an arm and a leg for it. the diagrams from ur website came out great. once again thanks a million guys. L28, n42 44cc c/c, n42 block re bored 87mm, flat top pistons.

Nigel why did you choose the r30 efi?

For me, this was my first venture into EFI (was brought up on carbs), I brought a complete car for $300, knowing It had all the EFI gear, and it was still running, i just moved over 95 % of the EFI stuff, made some changes to the harness, and rewired the fuse box a little

.It was up and running with in a few weeks or so from when I first started.

now I've ventured out (18 months or so ago), running Megasquirt, EDIS, and turbo charged it.

I'm still using 90% of the original wiring harness, I made a adaptor to connect Megasquirt to the MR30 ECU plug, changed some of the fuse box wiring, added some extra wiring for the EDIS (spark), bolted on the turbo.

It's running very well now.

Nigel

thanks Ben. seems that with your help the problem is now sorted, the flasher relay on the 'time control unit' was missing. i got one from a local scrapyard and fitted it and now the indicators is working. thank you very much guys you have been a real big help. i'll keep you posted on the projects progress.Ben can you please if possible get me the lights' circuit diagram. seems like the lights are also a screwup. thank you very much.

Johan

Edited by datsun L fan
adding info.

• 1 month later...
thanks Ben. Nigel why did you choose the r30 efi? i am gonna replace the original efi with a spitronics crank trigger efi system. Gives me more possibilities as far as fueling and timing is concerned. the main reason for this is actually the fact that the magnetic pickup in the distributor is cracked and as with a lot of other things here in sunny SA, it is close to impossible to find a replacement for it, and if you do you should be willing to pay an arm and a leg for it. the diagrams from ur website came out great. once again thanks a million guys. L28, n42 44cc c/c, n42 block re bored 87mm, flat top pistons.

im also in south africa and im sure if i go look in the shack i might be able to help you with that magnetick pickup ???? if you so please.:eek:

• 2 years later...

Hi guys,

Two years late I know but I've just got myself an R30 2.8 GTX as well near JHB. WAs wondering if any of you guys in SA have any spares and/or more info available for the car as I need to rewire the complete car as a result of some 'cheap fixes'.

Thanks,

Evan