HybridZ

rb25de to 25det

dice

is it possible? i've read it here http://www.skyline-owners-club.com/forums/9215-rb25de-25det.html and was wondering if the info is correct.

i'm planning to buy and rb25de and when funds allow i'll turbo charge it later on. also the reason i want to buy the non-turbo because i'll change to an aftermarket turbo. will i save money?

if there already is a topic about this could someone please post the link thanks.

Although I am not an ezpert on the RB motors, I know that most engines have some major differences between their N/A and turbo assemblies. I'm sure the N/A RB will have a higher compression ratio and the turbo RB will most likely have dished pistons. Also, the Turbo model will have a specific grind for the cam shaft.

I would buy the turbo version because in the long run you will have saved more money, and have a stronger engine. You really want the one that is built for running a turbo, they were built to be boosted. Also, think what a pain it is going to be trying to find all the misc. turbo parts to adapt an N/A motor to turbo, thats just more $$$$ to spend.

If you are planning on changing the turbo for more performance i am assuming you will be using an aftermarket ECU,injectors,exhaust manifold,etc if this is the case you may be ahead money wise(the NA cams work fine with the turbo)

however if you are going a more budget build route it would be cheaper to start off with the turbo rb25 version....even if you do end up upgrading the turbo (garrett gt30r makes a good street turbo choice with the 0.82a/r turbine housing)

btw the NA does run higher comp which when turbod makes a very responsive street motor,however you have to limit the boost and timing to avoid detonation.

The head on the rb25de and the head on the rb25det are different.

The port sizes are different , smaller on the rb25de

Also the pistons are different as you would expect.

I would get an rb25det and put n/a pistons in and drive it for a bit if you really want to go for an rb25de and not a det.

Although I am not an ezpert on the RB motors, I know that most engines have some major differences between their N/A and turbo assemblies. I'm sure the N/A RB will have a higher compression ratio and the turbo RB will most likely have dished pistons. Also, the Turbo model will have a specific grind for the cam shaft.

I would buy the turbo version because in the long run you will have saved more money, and have a stronger engine. You really want the one that is built for running a turbo, they were built to be boosted. Also, think what a pain it is going to be trying to find all the misc. turbo parts to adapt an N/A motor to turbo, thats just more $$$$ to spend.

thanks for the info sir

If you are planning on changing the turbo for more performance i am assuming you will be using an aftermarket ECU,injectors,exhaust manifold,etc if this is the case you may be ahead money wise(the NA cams work fine with the turbo)

however if you are going a more budget build route it would be cheaper to start off with the turbo rb25 version....even if you do end up upgrading the turbo (garrett gt30r makes a good street turbo choice with the 0.82a/r turbine housing)

btw the NA does run higher comp which when turbod makes a very responsive street motor,however you have to limit the boost and timing to avoid detonation.

if that's the case i'll go for the rb25det. youll never know when to stop once you've started to upgrade the engine

The head on the rb25de and the head on the rb25det are different.

The port sizes are different , smaller on the rb25de

Also the pistons are different as you would expect.

I would get an rb25det and put n/a pistons in and drive it for a bit if you really want to go for an rb25de and not a det.

what would you suggest? should i go for the turbo?