HybridZ

l28et conversion-massive overfueling

IdahoKidd

I've been installing the turbo motor and wiring from an 83zxt into my 77. To the best of my knowledge, I have everything hooked up and it actually started right up with a turn of the key. Almost immediately it started running really rich, to the point it doesn't even pretend to idle and now is so rich it won't barely run at all. Struggles along at near wide open throttle but dies as soon as you let up. I am sure it is something simple but man I can't find it. Can anyone offer up some advice or thoughts?

Thanks

I'm not really sure about a 280Z, but on a 240Z, the fuel return line is too small and if you use it with an L28ET it will create too much fuel pressure. Instead, you would use the fuel tank vent line on the other side of the engine bay. Again, I'm not sure if that's correct for your set up since you're using a 280Z.

I suppose that is possible. The 280 has a fuel return line and am I am currently using the original pump and compete setup.

The car (zx) sat for an unknown amount of time before I got it (police auction). Is it possible for the injectors to be stuck open?

I'm going to do the things I did find in the searches, such as cleaning temp switch, etc. One post discusses afm adj and another throttle position switch.

If this were a carb'd engine, I'd say the choke is stuck closed.

Check your CHT or CTS---if the engine temperature sensor is loose or off altogether, it will do this.

Any return line on a 260 or later will work fine with the ZXT fuel pump. Only the 240Z with it's 3/16" line will prove to be a problem at idle due to insufficient flow capability.

My bet is your engine temperature sensor is loose...