HybridZ

rb megasquirt users

matthunter1448

I don't have one but I have talked with a few people who have them. Most RB users have converted to an EDIS type ignition. When you do that, it doesn't present any big challenges. There's a couple people on the MSExtra.com forums on the MS2 development and MS3 development subforums experimenting with using the RB CAS as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be doing MS eventually on my RB25.

It's really been quite the ordeal though.

So far,

For ignition, i'm converting to a Coil pack (3000gt/stealth) system which came with the pack, and a nice ignitor/heatsink all together with a stock looking harness. Could have used stock COP's but have heard they are known to die and are expensive to replace.

As for ignition timing, I got a 16 tooth wheel (with 1tooth reset) from AEM. They send it to all RB AEM EMS users because the stock 360 tooth causes too many interrupts.

Other problem is the sensor that reads for the 16tooth can be intermittent since it uses some phasing system (with 2 slits instead of 1), so i'll just retrofit a basic Optical Interrupter switch...

http://media.digikey.com/photos/Fairchild%20Semi%20Photos/H22LOI,H22LOB,H22LTI,H22LTB.jpg

Perhaps a bit of work and configuration, but this way i can keep the CAS mostly stock.

Other things that need to be added/modified. temp sensors and bias resistors. oh, and transistors for both idle air control valve and boost controller (if you venture into using it).

The stock IAC can be used i believe and i even found out what the stock operating frequency was on it (i think it was like 120hz or something).

Also, the RB25 has the ncvs system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-VCT). Upon research, it appears theres a few conditions in which it activates.

first of all, it's RPM dependant (active from 1500rpm to about 5000 rpm i believe. This is approx, i don't have the exact numbers, just giving an idea). And also, the system activates only under moderate load. So only >70mbar MAP perhaps. This can all be done in Megasquirt though using one of the programmable outputs. (you actually have to daisy chain 2 together though. Output A = RPM >x AND RPM 70.

Anyways, i have most of this all documented at home in a word doc, and will likely post my success and failures with it once it comes time to implementation. Feel free to ask me any questions about MS or the RB25 as i've done as much research as I can.

Mark