HybridZ

Using rear window for antenna?

JoeinCA

Hey guys, i was brainstorming a cheap way to replace my broken power antenna... would hooking a spliced antenna wire to both posts of the rear defroster work?

If anyone has tried anything like that, i would be interested in hearing about it...

if not i think i will be trying it out tomorrow.

later,

Joe.

I see,

I sorta tested it and the quality wasn't what i was hoping for (maybe if i have a good connection). I'll try to find a proper window antenna too though, because as demidion said, i think i remember reading about radio antennas being "tuned" to recieve the signals clearly...

I was looking at my mother's civic and it appeared to me that they used the defroster for the antenna... but maybe i was missing something because... i dont enjoy looking at hondas for more than a couple minutes at a time for some reason. :-)

Thanks,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TAlchemist

i have ridden in both a lexus and mercedes that uses the front windshield as an antena. they embeded little dots around the edge that look like trim work but connect to the radio.

looks really nice, wish the defroster would work. how about a signal booster or noise reducer for the defroster