HybridZ

oil pan fit issue

I am in the middle of assembling a small chevy and having an issue with the oil pan/ gasket fit. I am using the felpro one piece rubber 34510T gasket that has dipstick provisons on both sides and a thick front seal. The timing cover is a Mr gasket chrome that came with a thick and thin front seal. The oil pan is a Mr gasket for 80-85 motors with the dipstick on the right (passenger) side.

Now the problem is the gap from the oil pan to the gasket/block. Its like 1/8 inch on each side (front of the motor). Included are a couple pics. This distance seems excessive to me, I dont want to try and squish the gasket that far. Do any of you have experience with felpro gaskets and how muych "crush" they might have? I cannot find another 1 piece rubber gasket with the dipstick on the passenger side. So what are your ideas of solving this? Thanks for reading this book!

oil pan3_thumb.JPG

oil pan 2_thumb.JPG

OS34509T: Thin seal

OS34510T: Thick seal

BOTH LEFT HAND DIPSTICK

looks like you need the #OS34509T: Thin seal, but that only comes in left hand

so you might be forced to use

Right-hand dipstick

375-1818

http://www.jegs.com/p/Fel-Pro/Fel-Pro-Oil-Pan-Gaskets/746664/10002/-1

Edited by grumpyvette

I hae gotten frustrated trying to find a correct gasket and not being able to use this one. After talking with the local machine shop, I set the Felpro on the oil pan and it fits like it should, no gaps. Same when placing it on the block. So I bolted the pan on with the two front bolts and guess what? It snugged up perfectly and IS the correct gasket for this oil pan/block/timing cover combo.