HybridZ

L28 Enquiries

jay8393

• Administrators
Hello and good day to all people. I would like to ask a few questions regarding the L28 engine.

As I know, L-engines are carburettored, so can it use the following parts?

-Oil catch tank

-Adjustable fuel pressure regulators

-Fuel rail

-Oil catch can be installed on any engine.

-Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, can be installed on any engine EFI or carb.

-Fuel rail can be built/installed on any engine that utilizes more than one fuel delivery device.

For what it's worth, in the US the L-28 was only offered in EFI, no carbs. Carbs can be installed if desired.

In other world markets, the L-28 did come carburated, I think most if not all those L-28 did not have the provisions for the OE EFI intake manifolds, (4 extra mounting holes and the injector slots), though they can be made to accept the stock EFI or after-market EFI adapted to a non EFI intake.

-Oil catch can be installed on any engine.

-Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, can be installed on any engine EFI or carb.

-Fuel rail can be built/installed on any engine that utilizes more than one fuel delivery device.

For what it's worth, in the US the L-28 was only offered in EFI, no carbs. Carbs can be installed if desired.

In other world markets, the L-28 did come carburated, I think most if not all those L-28 did not have the provisions for the OE EFI intake manifolds, (4 extra mounting holes and the injector slots), though they can be made to accept the stock EFI or after-market EFI adapted to a non EFI intake.

I see... well, is there any aftermarket 290 degree camshafts for the L28? I'm planning to install twin turbos on my L28. Also, I believe the L28 uses a single camshaft for both intake and exhaust port, right?

• Administrators

Yeah, there are quite a few different cam grinds available for the L-28. Schnieder, Isky, Comp Cams, and there are few regrinders as well that will grind basically any lobe profile that is physically possible. My personal preference for new cams is Isky, and I have used several of Rebello Racings regrinds for customers cylinder heads as well.

Yes, the L-28 uses only one camshaft to actuate 2 valve per cylinder. The L-series Datsun 4 and 6 cylinder engine has been in service since the late 1960's.

Do have an L-28 that you are working on?

Yeah, there are quite a few different cam grinds available for the L-28. Schnieder, Isky, Comp Cams, and there are few regrinders as well that will grind basically any lobe profile that is physically possible. My personal preference for new cams is Isky, and I have used several of Rebello Racings regrinds for customers cylinder heads as well.

Yes, the L-28 uses only one camshaft to actuate 2 valve per cylinder. The L-series Datsun 4 and 6 cylinder engine has been in service since the late 1960's.

Do have an L-28 that you are working on?

No, but I am getting one soon. Found one at a local junkyard of my place. One more question: Does 84mm stroke crankshaft ever exist? I know LD28 is 83mm, but I need a 84mm type.

Kameari has an 85mm.

And jay, you *really* should start using the search feature alot more. I think I know where you're going with these questions, but read and learn first. For instance, twin turbos are *not* really the hot thing anymore with L cars, because of modern turbo tech allowing for low boost thresholds with large singles.

Kameari has an 85mm.

And jay, you *really* should start using the search feature alot more. I think I know where you're going with these questions, but read and learn first. For instance, twin turbos are *not* really the hot thing anymore with L cars, because of modern turbo tech allowing for low boost thresholds with large singles.

I understand what you're saying, mate. But I would like to try something different. This world is now filled with turbocharged fuel-injected cars, which is a common thing, so I'd try this instead.

I just checked out Kameari's website, but I don't see any 84mm crankshaft. :(

• 4 weeks later...