HybridZ

Hello, new guy here

well everybody, picked up a 75 280z of my own finally after a year or so of lurking.

17467_1234154292663_1193340336_30804782_5753010_n.jpg

17467_1234157212736_1193340336_30804840_6087956_n.jpg

couple questions.

1) what is the bolt pattern, and whats the widest sized wheel I can fit on the rear?

2) For some reason, the windows dont fit flush with the window trim in the back as in there is a gap. I assume this is something I can fix by taking the panel off and adjusting things?

3) What are the factory rear gears in these cars?

there are a few small flaws with the car

1) no radio :cry:

2) the side windows dont seal

3) very small rust above both rear wheel wells, nothing big though

I have to go pick it up still, its a local deal, the guy currently has a SBC in it, and it will be getting swapped for an LSX

Bolt pattern is an easy one, 4x114.3 lol. Good luck with your "only" rust, keep searching, I promise you have surprises in store for you. Glad to see a new car on here. Oh, whats under the hood? Or is that just a ridiculous hood scoop for no reason? Looks like the hood is cut out for that and it says ram air on the side, I'm guessing this things got a V8.

Bolt pattern is an easy one, 4x114.3 lol. Good luck with your "only" rust, keep searching, I promise you have surprises in store for you. Glad to see a new car on here. Oh, whats under the hood? Or is that just a ridiculous hood scoop for no reason? Looks like the hood is cut out for that and it says ram air on the side, I'm guessing this things got a V8.

Well guys, decided on wheels already

Going to get 15x8 RB-R's, the correct offset should be +4 from what i've found, is this correct?

right now its a 11:1 compression 406 small block, but that belongs to the previous owner. I have a 408 CI LSx going in that is built for boost :mrgreen:

I'm not really a fan of the hood scoop, so, i've been already shopping for fender flares, and a new hood :mrgreen:

Motor still in it:

17467_1234157252737_1193340336_30804841_1433522_n.jpg

Motor going in

2hpu2de.jpg

edit: problem I was having finding the 280 4 bolt pattern, was everything I looked for kept showing me the 5 lug 300 patterns, nothing I had went back that far lol

Also, I know thats the "only" rust. It was a nevada car for its whole life up until about a year ago, when my body guy bought it, and replaced floor panels, etc. The only rust is on the wheel wells lol

Welcome to HybridZ.

Nice find and those seats look nice:2thumbs:. You are correct on the offset of the Rota that you have selected...I have the same but I run a staggered set-up (16x7(F)RB & 17x8.5®RB-R. I'll probably be switching in the near future to 17x9.5 all around. Your engine bay is already pretty clean :mrgreen:

Nice find and you'll find a whole lot of info here. To save you from getting flamed, use the search function VERY often..search 2-3 times before posting questions. A lot of them have already been answered many times and some people go ape ♥♥♥♥ when they see it again.

Running any kind of suspension upgrades on that bad boy?

Welcome to hybridz... Yeah the Search button is your friend, but we're happy to discuss specific problems you may have, and would love to see more pictures of your swapping to the LSx engine. You don't see any rust, but that doesn't mean it's not there, if there's some in the wheel wells then likely there's some behind the body panels. up underneath. Look on here for the common areas and get a little mallet to knock on things. I bet you'll find more, esp under the rear deck lip above the tailights.. On an be sure to enter your Vin, into the Zcar registry.

Phar