HybridZ

Narita/Tokyo area junkyards or parts stores?

Globerunner513

So taking a kind of last minute trip to Tokyo tomorrow on a 24 hour layover.

Staying in Narita, but I'll be making a trip into Tokyo as well. Anyone know of any place to look for interesting parts?

I've been to UpGarage and Super Autobacs last time and those were great. I'll be stopping there again for sure.

crap, my GPS is up in the room.

As I was riding the bus from Kawagoe to Narita last month, I was popping in marks on my GPS for the junkyard industrial areas on the main highway through Chiba. It's hard to see the JY's over the fences the way the road surface is sunken compared to the banks of the roadway. But in the top tier of a tourist bus, you see into the yards OVER the fences! It helps to use Google Earth, everyplace I noted, you could see on Google Earth later.

Missing you by a week or two, heading back there in February...

Outside Kuala Lumpur now...

Thanks Tony!

I'll go check google earth for sure. I remembered seeing some on the drive from Shinjuku to Narita last time I was there. Just had no idea where I was when I saw them :P

I'm back home now, but might be going later this month for a few more days again. Didn't really have any time to leave Narita this time around. (My dad flies commercially, so sometimes I'm able to tag along for a layover.)