HybridZ

K-SPORT Coilovers

Im not expecting a full bolt on set here, just wanting to know a little more info besides the sales pitch that K-sport gives.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/78-84-280ZX-KSPORT-Kontrol-Pro-Coilover-Springs-Shocks_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53dd37b2efQQitemZ360193700591QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

they say for 78-84, now I'm assuming that its for ZX's only, and not a 78 280z (which is what I need the coilovers for).

How much modifications would need to be done to install these ZX K-Sports onto my 280z, or if someone has a better option for actually coilovers that are below 1k please do tell.

I have seen the Ground Control Coilovers ,but as much as I like the idea of a threaded sleeve to fit over a aftermarket strut that doesn't involve any welding or cutting, that being said, don't all GC coilovers HAVE to have the camber plates installed?

Any Enlightenment on either subject would be welcomed.

I'll try to help you before someone other member who isn't as nice as I am, jumps on you. FIRST, use the search feature and do some reading on the subject. There are numerous ways to go and a number of good products available for you to use. Also, I would strongly suggest that you deal with one of the venders who regularly visit this web site who can offer you a good price on what you need and more importantly, give you installation advice when needed. A good place to start after you do your research, would be with Betamotorsports.com.

I'll try to help you before someone other member who isn't as nice as I am, jumps on you. FIRST, use the search feature and do some reading on the subject. There are numerous ways to go and a number of good products available for you to use. Also, I would strongly suggest that you deal with one of the venders who regularly visit this web site who can offer you a good price on what you need and more importantly, give you installation advice when needed. A good place to start after you do your research, would be with Betamotorsports.com.

thanks for the compassion.

[quote "thanks for the compassion."

Many of us are running coil overs and the installation process is somewhat involved but it's not rocket science. Spend some time and read about what others are doing and using. The strut housing normally will need some modification and you will need to decide what you are going to do with the mounting plate on top and so on. Narrow down your choices and then we can give you detailed help. IMHO, and unless you are experienced, it's always better to source the parts you will need from someone who has specific experience with our Datsun z cars and is willing to be there when you need a question answered or a problem dealt with oin a timely manner.