HybridZ

the best stand alone ecu for the inline 6 cycl

ozzinc

I have a haltech f10x fuel only, but im wondering what would be the best stand alone ecu that I can use on my inline 6 turbocharged z engine, thats all in one, easy to use and dependable, im not to much concerned about the price, as im looking for the best unit to be matched and has a good standing record with nissan engines.

L6 or RB? If RB, LinkECU from Chruistchurch NZ has a plug n play ECU which plugs right up to the RB loom plug and is literally "remove stock ecu, plug in LinkECU, start car, drive off" if you have a bone stock RB. simplicity of installation, combined with fully programmable aftermarket ECU features... what more could you want!

MoTec is one of the best but the most important thing is as always - who is going to tune it and what does he prefer? Assuming the car will be dyno tuned seeing you want the best.

Link is supposed to be good, Autronic, Haltech..........

• Administrators

See rule #4...

There is no Best! No best tires. No best engine. No best shock. No best big chrome foot gas pedal. Every car builder and driver is in a different situation. What's good for one might suck for another. The decision on what is "best" for you and your car is completely up to you. As with any decision time, effort, and research is needed by the decision maker - you! Instead of asking what is "best", do some research, explain your situation in excruciating detail, and describe what alternatives you're considering in your decision. Posting a thread with "What's the best..." in the title it is a sure way to get that post tossed into the Tool Shed.

260DET is also correct...

...the most important thing is as always - who is going to tune it and what does he prefer?

Yup, support nearly always trumps brand.

the engine is a L6 280zxet motor which is now a 2.9l, and thanks for the info I will be having a tech shop called engine management systems in mystic ct do the tuning on the engine, they are well established when it comes to engine tuning, there are so many stand alone ecu's to choose from.