HybridZ

Rust Rust Rust...

Mikelly

Well I got a wild hair and pulled off my front fenders. Rust... 26 years of dirt and crap had gotten trapped behind the lower rear fender and basically started eating away at the fender and the unibody. Fortunatley the unibody isn't bad, only a few pin holes that can be cut out or welded up. But it appears the lower portions of the fenders might be shot... Not sure what I'm gonna do there... I really need a source for front flared glass fenders. I have a call into ShowCars, but no news yet... any other venders out there that I could check??? I know Arizona Zcar is out of the question, but anyone else you guys aware of???

On the plus side, the damage to my floor pans I reported in an earlier post is less than previously thought. I'm gonna have to replace some of the sheet metal but not all of it...

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Mike, check JC Whitney. They have a full fiberglass front clip. It is under the Camaro body panels. I looked everywhere

for it and then a buddy pointed out where

the parts were listed..Camaro?????. I have

seen it there as recently as a few months ago.....Hood was 399.00 plus 125 for shipping and the whole front end was 699.00........

Myron

Guest Anonymous

Mike,

I priced fenders at Smoothline fiberglass : http://smoothline.com/default.htm

and they were if I remember $210.00 a piece for the fronts. Hood was like 350.00.

From Showcars I looked into the 5 piece Imsa kit (front spoiler leading into flares and rear flares and I'm not sure how large they are) and it was like $460.00 but that probably wouldn't help you as it appears from they're rather hokey advertisement/catalog online (sorry to anyone that might disagree, but pencil/penned drawings online of the products make me a little leary), that you they are basically flairs and bond over the fenders, although I can't say how much of the fender because of the above stated lack of decent pictures. FWIW.

Cheers,

Lone

I have been talking to ROBERT 280Zone@home.com he said Dave at Arizona Zcar is getting out of the fiberglass stuff and that he might take it over. I told Robert if he could do away with the 1000 order limit Dave had that he would probley sell more parts. Dave had good prices and bad customer service skills. Robert is the VP of DesertZAssociation.org and he know how we feel about our Z's. I for one would like someone on our side to take over this operation. Send him email and see what he can do for you.

------------------

Z U V8ter

http://cyind.com

Rspencer@satx.rr.com

Guest Anonymous

Mike if you want anything on your front end to align properly don't go with aftermarket any thing, metal or fiberglass. You will spend forever trying to get everything to fit resonably well. There is nothing like an original fender to go back on your car. I don't know how fussy you are. If this is going to be on a show car it's best to stick with an originalused fender. I know they are next to impossible to find. What I ended up doing is using NOS Datsun fenders even though the radii are slightly different than original. They still bug me. They aren't "right" but they were the best compromise.

Peter