HybridZ

Corvette C4 digital dash instrument cluster 84-89 what do you think?

4.6StangRage

you look at the old 80s GM commercials i think it was their purpose. I think it is awesome! I wish they wouldn't have stopped making them

Most of the old 80's GM (and other) speedometers only went up to 85 mph. Personally, I like speedometers that go 140 to 160, even if I never drive that fast (often). I had a '78 Pontiac Trans Am with the 400 engine and 4 speed. The factory speedometer only went to 100 mph. I could peg that with no problem in 3rd gear, and have the needle go past that a couple inches when in 4th gear.

To each their own :)

the digital part goes up to 999 the graphical part goes up to 85.

Actually I don't think it could show more then 399. Theres a bar on the left hand numeral display that is missing. so 1, 2 and 3 can display along with 7, but not 4, 5, 6, 8, or 9, which need a bar at the top left.

Actually I don't think it could show more then 399. Theres a bar on the left hand numeral display that is missing. so 1, 2 and 3 can display along with 7, but not 4, 5, 6, 8, or 9, which need a bar at the top left.

oops! that was an assumption on my part. Oh well, it wouldn't even get close to that speed.

• 2 years later...

Most of the old 80's GM (and other) speedometers only went up to 85 mph. Personally, I like speedometers that go 140 to 160, even if I never drive that fast (often). I had a '78 Pontiac Trans Am with the 400 engine and 4 speed. The factory speedometer only went to 100 mph. I could peg that with no problem in 3rd gear, and have the needle go past that a couple inches when in 4th gear.

To each their own :)

They only went to 85, so that you could never go back in time. ;)

While I don't care for the C4 'Vette cluster, I can see how it could be somewhat easily adapted to the S30 dash, at least the two larger sections.

I've been looking at the Defi and Depo gauges as well, I just can't seem to find a company, other than Autometer, that have all of the gauges I want to install in my car in the same look. And I'm trying to replace my Autometers... :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...