HybridZ

harbor freight spot welder

bobbyc

has anyone used the 115v harbor freight spot welder? i recently picked up a project 97 4runner with front end damage...i removed the radiator support and have another one on the way...i would like for this to look factory as much as possible so i want to avoid plug welds....just lookin for some insight...

• 3 months later...

has anyone used the 115v harbor freight spot welder? i recently picked up a project 97 4runner with front end damage...i removed the radiator support and have another one on the way...i would like for this to look factory as much as possible so i want to avoid plug welds....just lookin for some insight...

The smaller ones are nice to have if you are doing something thin, like 19g thinner. Another draw back of the smaller/cheaper spot welders is that the jaws can't clamp as tight as you might want so you would have to dolly the areas for each weld so they mate nicely. If you get one make sure to do a few destructive tests to make sure you are getting a good weld.