HybridZ

Shenanigans in my new Subaru

FlatBlack

I bought a Subaru Legacy Outback Limited Wagon last night, it was my boss' old car.

My roommate and I were swapping on some disc brakes onto his 95 Subaru Impreza L, and we get a call from our other roommate. For some reason she decided to go down a very muddy road in the 5.0 Mustang, and met obvious results.

Went down with a tow strap, and pulled it off the tree it was stuck on. I'd call it a successful day 8)

DSC03403.jpg

DSC03399.jpg

DSC03402.jpg

Edited by flatblack280

Be careful with those DOHC 2.5l engines. They like to blow the OG head gaskets. There is a ver. 2 that is said to work right.

I have a big 'ol coolant temp gauge staring me in the face, so I'll be careful. I've heard the DOHC EJ25s do have that problem, but who knows, the car might get a WRX drivetrain heh.

I pulled a Taurus out of a snow bank with my WRX once. Love their AWD setup. Get some Blizzaks on there and it feels like it has claws on the ice and snow.

Unfortunately, it doesn't snow here enough to warrant the purchase of Blizzacks. But man, having a AWD car really makes the cold months less stressful :D

Flatblack, was it you who posted the video "drifting" around that same road with snow on it? Looks very familiar.

I'm not sure? I don't think so, the only video I have of me snow drifting was in a parking lot and some adjacent grass.

Here it is, just for good measure ;)