HybridZ

Aluminum Dashes Show me your pics

Kenji

I have searched the forums, but am having a hard time finding what im looking for, I am trying to see what other people have for Aluminum Dashes, I am currently putting the 10 pt in my car and think that I am going to sell me perfect dash to put in an aluminum dash. I just need pictures to make sure this is what I want and how it would look the best in my car. I think I should also see center consoles as well.

Background:

I want to use the stock steering if poss,

I have already parted with heating/cooling

This will have an ls2/t56 swap

I will go with after market gauges

Any help is great,

I have been looking for days, I need to make a decision soon, the car is in the shop getting the cage now and they need to know if they should bring the cage along the pillars or drop them short for the stock dash. I was hoping to see something other than a straight dash, small box the driver’s side only and something a little different than the one that had a 1-2 inch piece down the middle and covered black. I know there have got to be more people out there with 240z, 260z, and 280z that have converted their dashes.

Edited by Kenji

That dash looks pretty good, I looked at a few dashes that the place I went to, had already finished. The top edge would be rolled and would have curved edges on the bottom as well. I am going to try and get something that I can put my stock console up to. I have already discussed a glove box with a push button latch on it. The idea is to go lighter but keep some of the older dash structure and feel. I have even thought about putting suede or some other dash material on top to not get the glare and more of a "normal car" look.

I have an aluminum dash in my car. It is in the attached file. Sorry I don't have a better picture - I'd take one but the car is in the shop being painted right now. (that's why the fender flares are off in the picture.) Anyways, it is "Dash With No Cut Out" from http://www.swracecar...pdf/CATpg25.PDF which myself and a buddy cut to the correct size and mounted to the stock dash board mounts using some bar stock.

post-1420-1267722329296_thumb.jpg

Edited by CamH

• 2 months later...