HybridZ

Removing Undercoating from Nooks and Crannies

I have been scraping and using the "whizzer wheel" to get off the easy areas and I have made nice progress. Now I am up to the spots that are hard to reach let alone get something in there to take the undercoating off. Any suggestions? I contacted someone about soda blasting and they quoted me a price of $170 per hour and they thought it would take 2 1/2 hours. Too rich for my blood. I am thinking about sandblasting as my friend has a blaster. Ive been told that sandblasting could warp panels...I'm thinking that in the corners where metal meets it might not be that bad??? Please let me know what you think or has worked for you. Thanks for your time.

Soda is about the worst media you could use on undercoating. I would use a very fine coal slag (black beauty). It will cut through the undercoating very fast and leave a nice profile for another undercoating to be applied. Also with the soda you will have to neutralize it prior to coating. Start at about 60psi and approx 16 inches away. Don't leave the nozzle over any one place to long. Remove in layers need be. Its not hard. Btw I have a 8k soda blasting machine...lol