HybridZ

Home Improvement

Oddjob

How in living hell did you get into the basement of my cottage in michigan?!?!?!?!?!

No joke, I spend my 'vacations' (four years running now) working on rectifying those photos. I could send you snaps of probably 75% of the stuff on that link from my own basement.

My relatives simply would say "It's working, why are you messing with it?"

Yeah, perhaps if you guys didn't drink as much beer as you do while thinking this crap up, I'd not worry about sparking my own immolation during my time here every summer!

Truthfully, I KNOW the people who did this stuff in my cottage. And they are constantly amazed how I can show up for two weeks a year, simply flip a switch and start enjoying the place.

Hell, they lived 80 miles away and NEVER came up for a weekend without SOMTHING going wrong.

Then again, they laughed at my powerpoint slides on winterizing and working the water system there as well... "If you're too stupid to make it idiotproof, perhaps you should pay another idiot to do it for you!"

I am 'that other idiot'...

Unbelievable! I have to laugh though. My Dad does things like this. I love him with all my heart, but he has done many things like this. I remodeled his bathroom a while back. I was unable to be there for a couple of days. So he decides to "help" while I am gone. Oh the disasters I had to re-do. Recently, I replaced 2 ceiling fans in his house, he tries to help but the job ends up taking twice as long. Next time, I am going to send him to the store for some spotted spray paint and maybe a sky hook. :D