HybridZ

Just bought a supposedly low milage L28, think I should do anything to it?

Nickanicus

• 1 year later...

I figured I'd report back. Decided to invest almost no money in the engine. New gaskets and seals, and toss it in... The thing runs fantastic. I've got a tiny bit of oil usage that's coming from the valve stems, but the bottom end is great. 190 psi across the board. Glad I chose the easy/cheap route!

I figured I'd report back. Decided to invest almost no money in the engine. New gaskets and seals, and toss it in... The thing runs fantastic. I've got a tiny bit of oil usage that's coming from the valve stems, but the bottom end is great. 190 psi across the board. Glad I chose the easy/cheap route!

:2thumbs:

Being a person on my second engine. I took one from a good running car that I had. 130k on the engine already. It didn't last another 500 miles. I didn't do anything. The second engine was an F54/P79 with unknown miles, that had be on a stand in a garage for over 2 years. In a car on the side of the road for at least 2 more. It hadn't been touched. It lasted almost 3,000 miles. It is probably in your best interest to just go through and rebuild it.

EDIT: Keep in mind, I drive the dog **** out of my car, I rev it probably way to high, and for extended periods of time, picture road racing, that is how my engine is treated.

Edited by ModernS30