HybridZ

Coilover help

Hey guys, I am putting together the coilovers for my 260z. I am using Koni race shocks and hypercoil springs. I am using the stock rubber insulators for now, but I have a question about assembly. Here are some pictures. So, I put on the springs, aluminum spring perch that came with the threaded sleeves, then stock insulator. Does that sound right? The Konis also cam with the extra parts in one of the pics, nuts, metal ring, plastic washer, and some kind of bushing/ sleeve. Not sure where the bushing/ sleeve and plastic washer goes. If anyone can enlighten me it would be a great help.

post-2540-12678544709249_thumb.jpg

post-2540-12678544982914_thumb.jpg

post-2540-1267854519736_thumb.jpg

post-2540-12678545493629_thumb.jpg

Edited by jkgts1

Hey guys, I am putting together the coilovers for my 260z. I am using Koni race shocks and hypercoil springs. I am using the stock rubber insulators for now, but I have a question about assembly. Here are some pictures. So, I put on the springs, aluminum spring perch that came with the threaded sleeves, then stock insulator. Does that sound right? The Konis also cam with the extra parts in one of the pics, nuts, metal ring, plastic washer, and some kind of bushing/ sleeve. Not sure where the bushing/ sleeve and plastic washer goes. If anyone can enlighten me it would be a great help.

You assembly order is fine. The metal ring is used if the shock is slightly loose in the strut and it goes between the gland nut and the shock. The white plastic disc goes on top the gland nut around the shock shaft. The extra nuts are used to lock the top nut. The bushing is used if you're running a 5/8" spherical bearing as the top mount. It takes up the space between the 14mm shaft the the ID of the spherical bearing.

You are missing the bump stops. You must run those with the Konis.

You assembly order is fine. The metal ring is used if the shock is slightly loose in the strut and it goes between the gland nut and the shock. The white plastic disc goes on top the gland nut around the shock shaft. The extra nuts are used to lock the top nut. The bushing is used if you're running a 5/8" spherical bearing as the top mount. It takes up the space between the 14mm shaft the the ID of the spherical bearing.

You are missing the bump stops. You must run those with the Konis.

Once again, thanks John. Yes I have the bump stops, just didn't have it on when I took the picture.