HybridZ

The 240Z-L "option"

neotech84

So I was looking on Nissan Heritage collection page at available trim packages. It states that the 240Z came in base, L and G packages. I know that the G is for the G-nose and flares but what was the L for?? Might even be a typo...... the page has that they came with a 5 speed and DOHC(not specific to the S20).

The only thing that I can think of is for later models with the L series 2.4 block not the S20. Am I correct? I searched ALL over for and info but all i found were model kit cars with "L" denoted on them thus leading me to think the engine.

Any ideas, facts or other useful knowledge?

Tony D?

HS30, HS30S, HS30H, PS30, PS30SB, S30

240ZG, 240Z-L, 240Z, Z-L, Z, Z-432, Z-432-R

Holy selection of designations Batman!

The L20 (Not S20) equipped Fairlady cars were the Z-L and Z models

The L24 equipped Fairlady models were the 240ZG, 240Z-L and 240Z

That leaves the S20 equipped Z-432 as the last option.

The base was the Z model (no factory radio for example), the Z-L the more luxury, and of course the ZG came with that special nose (among other things).

The Z-L, 240Z, 240Z-L and Z-432 came standard with radio, clock w/ stopwatch, reclining seats, passing lamp, rear glass defroster and passenger foot rest. Other fancy things were optional like a vinyl top, racing stripes, etc... and available for all models.

There you have the home market lineup that was available when the Fairlady Z was new.

Edited by blue72