HybridZ

Worth it?

Delasangre4231

I am looking at trading my 83 Chevy 3/4 ton, custom 454 swap with a 4-speed and 4x4, trading for a 1984 Toyota Celica 5-speed hatch. I have a clean title he can't find his and its a salvage due to a big dent in the side. So should I go through with it and go to the DMV and get the replacement in my name and trade or not worth the trouble? I also think my truck is worth about twice what he posted his car at.

Thoughts?

hmm, I suspect you would be better off selling the truck for the best coin you can get, and buying an economical (compared to a 454 anyway) car cash.

They sort buying a gas guzzler, won't always be the one with the best car for what you want for sale. Instead of trying to do a single trade, making two separate deals is likely to come out ahead.

Edited by kiwi303

A untouched 454 can sell for 1000 easily if someone really wants it, If you visit another forum there's alot of good advice and experience. If you offer your truck up for sale it will probably go pretty fast.

Also, a 454 can get descent gas mileage depending on how you drive it, tune the carb for economy instead of performance and spend less time in your powerband. A big block chevy takes less throttle to move that 5200 pound truck then a SBC will. But If you really want to get rid of your truck that bad, dont trade it for a celica, sell it outright, take the cash, buy the car you want with some extra denero for incidentals.

But that's just my opnion.