HybridZ

exhaust/fuel tank clearance safety issues

I have dual 2 1/2" running on my car. Came off the LS1 manifolds with 2 1/2" mandrel pipe, under the sides of the rear diff, up to dual flowmasters which are mounted at the very end of the exhaust. My concern is that my stainless tank is very close to the mufflers. The mufflers are mounted on the sides of the tank and there is a good inch or so between the mufflers and tank. Will there be any heat issues? Should I wrap the mufflers with heat shield tape? Use a different tank? Everything is just so tight under these little cars.

thanks

I have dual 2 1/2" running on my car. Came off the LS1 manifolds with 2 1/2" mandrel pipe, under the sides of the rear diff, up to dual flowmasters which are mounted at the very end of the exhaust. My concern is that my stainless tank is very close to the mufflers. The mufflers are mounted on the sides of the tank and there is a good inch or so between the mufflers and tank. Will there be any heat issues? Should I wrap the mufflers with heat shield tape? Use a different tank? Everything is just so tight under these little cars.

thanks

Forgot to mention that boiling point of gasoline is around 440f degrees, so I've read.

• 2 weeks later...

For the record I am using a plastic ls1 tank and the 3" muffler is 2" from it. I put the high temp wrap on it and never had an issue. I dont think the metal tank will have any issue.

As long as the fuel isn't get hot, you shouldn't have any problems.