HybridZ

Nitto NT01 semi slicks

We don't get these in AU so I'm looking for feedback on their circuit track performance. Not expecting them to be as fast as a Hoosier or Kumho, my Z is already faster than me so consistent performance over the life of the tyre is what's important.

Looking at importing a set to replace the present Bridgestone RE55's which will cost ~ US$1900.00 for new ones :blink:

That would be good D, the only thing that concerns me is that Nitto = Toyo and Toyo R888's are rubbish, different compound to the RA1 for some reason. RA1 is a second choice but they would have to be buffed.

I used NT01s all year autocrossing (short Montana season) and plan on the same ones lasting me through this year. The wear on them has been great and the handling is nice and predictable. I can't compare them to a Hoosier, or a Toyo R888 (as I've never driven on them), but for the price I am impressed.

I used NT01s all year autocrossing (short Montana season) and plan on the same ones lasting me through this year. The wear on them has been great and the handling is nice and predictable. I can't compare them to a Hoosier, or a Toyo R888 (as I've never driven on them), but for the price I am impressed.

So did they get up to temperature B? And what would the air temp be about? They have a wear rate of 100 and I'm wondering if they are soft enough for five or so circuit laps, which would be more that what you do I guess.

I used them in a pretty wide range of ambient temperatures, and also in the rain (where they were surprisingly good). Probly 50-60 on the coldest day and 100+ on the hottest days. They don't seem to require much heat to stick. I don't have a pyrometer, but they certainly got hot to the touch after a couple runs but never felt greasy on the hot days. Can't really comment on how they'd do at a circuit. I have a friend who did a few track days as well as autocross with them on his 911. He likes them as well, but I never heard any specific feedback from him about their performance at the track.

Sorry; my brothers and I were at Sebring competing the car (and spectating for the 12 Hour) all week. The Nittos ran great, although the borrowed Hoosiers were better. I haven't tracked the car myself much at all, but Tim says the Nittos are very predictable. We typically have been shooting for 35 PSI hot pressures and I would say you can CERTAINLY get more than enough life out of a set. I recommend you buy at least a set and try them out; my brother is THRILLED with them for the price they are.