HybridZ

Head options for F Prepared Z

h4nsm0l3m4n

I was mistaken. You can put a P series head on a 2.4L engine although it doesn't make sense given that the minimum weight in FP is 1,900 lbs. With the weight/displacement formula a 2.4L could weigh 1,800 lbs. but can't. probably better to build a 2.8L which has a 2,100 lb. minimum.

I am mistaken thinking the P series head wasn't available on a 280Z? I thought those only came on the 280ZX. If it wasn't available on a 240Z, 260Z, or 280Z then it's not allowable.

• 1 month later...

I am mistaken thinking the P series head wasn't available on a 280Z? I thought those only came on the 280ZX. If it wasn't available on a 240Z, 260Z, or 280Z then it's not allowable.

P90/a heads came on 280ZX turbo cars

The E-31,88; N-42 are all good heads to use but they will all have to be very worked over to get the kind of power most fp zcars make. The stock bottom end should be built up to in order to handel the revs and change the compression with different shaped pistons in combination with the head chamber shape. You must keep the same crank dimensions and rod lengths and no more than .040 overbore.