HybridZ

side view mirrors

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

yeah i have a 73' 240z and i want an oval/round side view mirror that is mounted on the door, not flush mounted. Is there any aftermarket companies that make products like this? I like the old corvette side view mirrors... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=592892053&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=994375400&indexURL=0&rd=1

i dunno...you guys like? or?

There are probably several aftermarket companies making those mirrors as replacement pieces for various Chevies. A friend of mine had a Nomad and went through several of them - they never seem to last long. Same thing on his Chevelle (sigh).

If you like that style and want a high tech look pickup a copy of Street Rodder and check out the ads. There are a couple of places making very nice billet mirrors in styles akin to that one. If you've not already got holes in your doors you can even consider mounting them up higher along the windshield frame etc. (shrug). Me, I'm still looking for a decent mirror. icon_sad.gif

Guest Zpeed

I remember seeing someone having a harley davidson mirror on there Z, looked quite nice, not sure if that would be to small for you or whatever but seems like a good custom idea thats all//

just a suggestion,

Guest Anonymous

Owen, I like that exhaust system. Ground clearance looks real good now. Still need to do mine.. *sigh* so I can lower it back down, mine looks like your original and even with the car raised, with two in the car it'll just slide over bumps with a sickening drag... icon_mad.gif

Regards,

Lone

Heh, I'm dying for him to start it up and let us know if it's too loud! I may beat him to it at this rate. Got my plug wires and will be tailoring them soon but still no water pump pulley...

Ya' might look into oval piping BTW. Lot's of racers use it and I think Spintech sells it too.

Hrm, wonder if mirrors from a sportbike of some sort would work? icon_confused.gif

The riceboy magazines have mirrors that mount on the frame, not the door itself, but I would want to measure the mirror angle and the frame angle first before plunking down a General Grant...

Davy

Guest Anonymous

wat about miata mirrors...i was at the wrekers the other day and wa thinking miata mirrors would look cool on a z, but it owuld be a definite custom job.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set of mid 70's Camaro/Firebird remote mirrors on my 240. IMHO, these mirrors are made for these cars! You can even mount the remote adjusters in the door panels. This is a nice setup with lines that closely match the rest of the car. Mine are black now, but will be painted body color on the repaint. Not a very good photo, but for what it's worth...

redz1.jpg