HybridZ

accelerator linkage

Hey there guys & gals, hope you're all doing awesome. I am looking for some creative ideas for an accelerator linkage for my 260. I have the 4 barrel intake from AZC and really like it, but I'm not a fan of the cable linkage (I've had 2 break in the last 3 days). Any ideas are welcome and pictures of any are very appreciated (like most on here I'm very visual and like eye candy :D). It can be all cleaned up & pretty or not, I don't care as long as it works. So.... let's see em. Thanks in advance

I use a cable linkage on a arizona z car 4 bbl setup and I could be wrong but it doesnt seem normal for a steel cable to snap that quickly. I had mine snap once initially at the clevis on the pedal. The clevis wasnt right inline with the hole in the nut bolting the assembly to the firewall and was putting stress on the cable, so I think it eventually got really bent and ended up snapping. Other than that my cable linkage has lasted 2 years and many autocross runs, so its definitely proved a reliable and easy to install solution for me. If you want to make something cooler looking though dont let this stop you ;)

I really want something a lot cooler. I want it to look bada$$. I agree that it seemed strange that they would both break. After looking closer, the cable actually came out of the pin that holds it to the pedal. It looks like they just use JB Weld or something to "glue" it in, and that stuff let go. I'm going over to get the part replaced while I try to come up with something awesome to do instead. I love billet :lol: , so if you guys know where to get some cool parts I could use like the ones above, let me know. And if you have any pics of some linkages you think are cool, please share. Thanks everyone.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I took a linkage off a spare 280. It works really well and yes, I will put up pics in the morning to show. I don't like the look of it though. getoffmyinternet, where could I get some of these brackets you posted up? And any place I can get some nice adjustable bars (not sure the actual name for them) to attach to them? Thanks a ton guys.

I think I might have something for you :D, I will get pictures tomorrow when I can. Think stock linkage ,so no modifying the car, and this.

modp_0909_07_o+project_350z_suspension_install+spl_adjustable_rear_mid_link.jpg

Not sure what the exact name is for these things but thats what the PO of my Clifford intake used. Its pretty nifty.

That's totally what I'm looking for. Would love to see pics of it set up when you get the chance.

I can get them for you today but it might take a while Colorado decided to dump almost 2 feet of snow on us last night. freaking bipolar state <_<

Noticed your in Vegas, My girlfriend lives in Henderson and I will be down there the last week of august. :D

Edited by 19752802+2

Wow, that's a bit of snow :blink: We don't quite have that problem here in Vegas. My biggest prob here is that my 260 is my DD. I'm sure you know, it gets rather warm during the summer here. No AC is not much fun in July :wacko:

Whenever you get the chance to take the pics is cool. Thanks bro. Any idea where to get parts like that?

Wow, that's a bit of snow :blink: We don't quite have that problem here in Vegas. My biggest prob here is that my 260 is my DD. I'm sure you know, it gets rather warm during the summer here. No AC is not much fun in July :wacko:

Whenever you get the chance to take the pics is cool. Thanks bro. Any idea where to get parts like that?

I'm lucky my parts car soon to be Street car has AC :D, but Those end links that I gave a picture are the only parts you need to buy the rest the PO made himself he just cut a small piece of aluminum tube and some other stuff only pictures can do it justice. Maybe for the right price I will just give you the whole intake, I heard the AZ Intake is for HP and the Clifford is more for Torque ;). But next year I plan on driving my Z down there for some Car show my girlfriend has told me about but I have been able to be down there at the right time. It looks like the snow is not gonna let up till tomorrow so I will just run outside and grab it and bring it in for some pictures.

Took a small video of how it works and some pictures.

Edited by 19752802+2

That's pretty cool. Thanks for going out in the weather for it. Actually very close to what I did with mine. I like the supports on there. Mine is just a bracket I bent to hold the bar. I am on my way out there right now to get some pics of it.

Ok, so this is what I have come up with so far. Its only a temporary set up until I find the parts I like and get them set up.

First one is a pic of the cable linkage that I didn't like. I just couldn't get it to move smoothly enough for me.

These next few are how it is now. Very smooth opperation like I want, just not flashy enough B)

post-992-12720469706852_thumb.jpg

post-992-12720471358305_thumb.jpg

post-992-12720471514843_thumb.jpg