HybridZ

Having problems w/ pics showing up!

nosebleedZ

I am having trouble getting my pictures from photobucket into everything except posts & threads. I tried to put some pics in the Garage section by dragging the IMG files to the description box because there was no other logical place I could find, which didn't work. Then it took me to a screen with an IMAGES tab, so I thought I could put them there, but it wouldn't allow it. Also, I tried to do the same thing on my signature, & it loaded OK, but no pics??? I'll admit I'm not the most tech-savvy, but a quick tutorial from somebody would be greatly appreciated! I'm sure I'm not the only person confused on this. Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

In the garage, I'm not sure you use pics hosted on off site picture host such as Photo-bucket. It asks for a picture that is stored on your computer. Just be sure the picture itself is on your computer and it will ask to up load the file/pic from your computer.

Signature picture should work just like posting pics in threads/posts. Rick click on the IMG tag and select "Copy" and then in the body of hte post for your garage, right clicking and selecting "Paste".

Be certain your signature picture is not any larger than 500 pixels across AND 100 pixels tall. It will still show up if larger, but if staff catches it, you may get not so pleasant reminder of the rules and sig picture limits. (That was really more of a hint others to that haven't read the forum rules!) :wink:

Hope that helps,

Paul

Edited by BRAAP
Typo's.

Braap,

I tried the copy/ paste method into my sig as you suggested & it still won't work. I went to edit sig/ change photo/ browse/ choose pic/ upload file (& it actually shows it in the text box)/ hit "save changes" & it either goes to a connection error screen or just simply no pic! What else can you suggest?

• Administrators

Braap,

I tried the copy/ paste method into my sig as you suggested & it still won't work. I went to edit sig/ change photo/ browse/ choose pic/ upload file (& it actually shows it in the text box)/ hit "save changes" & it either goes to a connection error screen or just simply no pic! What else can you suggest?

Hmmm... Not sure.

I'll pass this on to the rest of staff, hopefully one of them will know. Not sure we'll have an answer right away as our head I.T. guy is out on personal business. Hopefully one of the forum savvy members will some input. :wink:

OK Braap, it gave me an error message in the Garage that said the pic is too big? I know you mentioned about the max size in your earlier post, how do I resize to fit? Thats got to be it. The IMG is set at medium size, & is 1.7 mb. Thanks if you can help.....if not I'll wait for the IT guy.

Bump? Man this is driving me crazy! I must be the most picture illiterate dude on this site. I've tried to shrink my images & get them to work, but nothing! How in the crap do you "correctly" shrink a high res pic from 3200 x 2600 to the 150 x 150 pixels????????