HybridZ

No brakes? something went wrong while bleeding them can you help

sorry if i dont give enough information im 17 and new to Zs but i have a 1978 280z. I recently rebuilt the rear suspension which caused me to unhook the rear brake lines from the drums and when i put everything back together i just loosened the brake line till fluid came out and tightened it to get the air out of the rear lines. Then the pedal was okay i went to bleed the left front disc brake and all the old fluids came out everything was fine barely any air came out. Got all the air out and the brake pedal felt great better than before so when i went to do the right front side all of a sudden air is getting in the system somehow because i have no brakes anymore. When i go to bleed the right front a lot of air comes out then just solid line of fluid (pedal does not improve) then more air if i try again. i dont get were the air is coming into the system and i have no brakes now can you help?

Edited by Steveoen

Sometimes you can have crap down at the bottom of the master cylinder's travel. When you bleed, the pedal goes right to the floor, so the seals in the master get pushed over whatever crap is in there. I would expect that the problem is the master, and the solution is to replace it. Check for leaks or to see if you're pumping fluid from one reservoir to the other.

Sometimes you can have crap down at the bottom of the master cylinder's travel. When you bleed, the pedal goes right to the floor, so the seals in the master get pushed over whatever crap is in there. I would expect that the problem is the master, and the solution is to replace it. Check for leaks or to see if you're pumping fluid from one reservoir to the other.

i just had to rebleed the whole system sitting over night let most of the air go to the master then rebleeding took care of the rest but thank you guys for your help