HybridZ

Unknown front spoiler. Cannot find place of origin.

dchooo

So I bought my 1973 240z and its almost been a year now and I've had this wierd front spoiler on it forever until I let my stupid friend drive it and of course he had to break the spoiler... Not to worry too much the front spoiler was already sort of falling apart anyways because it was starting to get extremely brittle (fiberglass). Who knows how old it is and I forgot the sellers number so I haven't been able to see where he might have gotten it from. So what do you guys think?? btw I forgot to add that it attaches to body in a wierd way because its supported by a metal sheet that it supports it from the bottom and its got 2 screw holes one on each side of the side valances which I'm not totally sure if it's even supposed to be screwed on screws like that(but it just came like that). It's a really bad fit but from far away it looks really nice. Maybe custom?? I doubt it... These are pictures of after the crash. You guys think its time to trash or restore the spoiler?

post-11115-12699337416477_thumb.jpg

post-11115-12699337923841_thumb.jpg

post-11115-12699339609429_thumb.jpg

post-11115-12699340174756_thumb.jpg

post-11115-12699340687127_thumb.jpg

post-11115-1269934117547_thumb.jpg

I would get some resin and glass, and take ome time with foam moulding it to fit better and glass the repair up as well as the modifications it make it fit better.

of course ino there are way better looking, durable, long lasting, cleaner looking front spoilers out there but i was just trying to find the origins of this mysterious spoiler. who knows i might just see if i can get fiberglassed back together and then possibly find a way to get rid of the nasty screw holes and find a way to bolt it from the inside. i also really hate how the guy i bought from had to drill in holes in the 240z just to get it in there. btw i got $425 from my " friend." he said he was sorry and blah blah blah, so it was all good. also not only did it ruin the spoiler but now my passenger side valance is all wavy... gadam

Keep it. Use your favorite color of zip-ties and a screw driver and stitch that thing back together.

Yeah do that ^ if you want to be like every 240sx owner out there, then go on and paint your car flat black. Either buy a new one from MSA or take it to a fiberglass guy.

• 2 weeks later...